The value of membership in the Family Business Forum
• Hear from world-renowned authorities on family business without ever leaving town
• Take part in six professional development workshops offering over twenty hours of professional education from the only program in WNC dedicated to family businesses
• Find solutions to common challenges in collaboration with your peer
• Network with other business owners in a confidential, non-solicitous environment
• Receive an annual subscription to Family Business Magazine
• Understand the complexities of family ownership so that the business can function profitably while the family lives harmoniously
Who benefits from membership?
• Founders of the business
• Next-generation owners
• Key non-family employees
• Adult children who are either active or non-active in the family business
Who qualifies for membership?
• Businesses whose management team contains two or more members from the owning family
• Privately or closely held businesses with no public ownership of its shares or assets, or where fewer than five individuals hold more than fifty percent of the company
• Sole proprietors with no employees who attend for the purpose of education, not to solicit
Membership Structure and Fees
MEMBERSHIP FEES ARE WAIVED FOR THE 2021-22 PROGRAM YEAR. The cost for annual membership is $1,000, billed before the start of the program year. Annual membership fees are used for program expenses (speaker fees, travel expenses, books, program food, and beverages); operating expenses; special member events; and an annual subscription to the Family Business Magazine.
Non-members may attend for $175 per event per person, payable at event.
Email Sophia Ungert to renew or start your membership today.