The value of membership
- Hear from world-renowned authorities on family business without ever leaving town
- Thirty hours of professional education from the only program in WNC dedicated to family business
- One hour of complimentary consultation with each sponsor per year
- Annual subscription to the Family Business Magazine
- Learn from and confer with other owners in a confidential, non-solicitous environment
- Understand the complexities of family ownership so that the business can function profitably while the family lives harmoniously
Who benefits from membership in the Family Business Forum?
- Founders of the business
- Next generation owners
- Key non-family employees
- Adult children who are either active or non-active in the family business
Who qualifies for membership?
- Businesses whose management team contains two or more members from the owning family
- Privately or closely held businesses with no public ownership of its shares or assets, or where fewer than five individuals hold more than fifty percent of the company
- Sole proprietors with no employees who attend for the purpose of education, and never solicitation
Membership Structure and Fees
|Strategic Partner||Service Provider, Industry Exclusive||$6500||8|
|Large Business||More than 50 employees on payroll excluding owner(s)||$1800||6|
|Medium Business||20-49 employees on payroll excluding owner(s)||$1500||4|
|Small Business||6-20 employees on payroll excluding owner(s)||$1000||3|
|Micro Business||1-5 employees on payroll excluding owner(s)||$750||2|
|Sole Proprietor||No employees||$300||1|
|Collegiate Member||Member of family is enrolled full-time at UNC Asheville (proof of enrollment is necessary)||Gratis||1|
Email Sophia Ungert to renew or start your membership today! Indicate your membership category is and how you wish to be invoiced. email@example.com
*Annual membership fees are used for program expenses (speaker fees, travel expenses, books, program food and beverages); operating expenses; Family Business Scholarship; and subscription to Family Business Magazine.
**Cost for additional attendees from businesses at all levels of membership is $49 per person.
Non-members may attend for $99 per event per person, payable at event.
Benefits of Sponsorship
- Industry Exclusivity - only one business from each industry in the Family Business Forum.
- Ability to give a complimentary membership a year to a valued client.
- Recognized at programs.
- Seat on the FBF Board to guide policy and assist in member recruitment.
- Logo, company description, and link on website and in the email newsletters.
Family business owners are welcome to attend their first program at no charge.